Canada Post also known as Canada Post Corporation is a crown corporation founded in 1867 with its headquarters in Ontario, Canada. The corporation is Canada’s main postal operator serving over 14.8 million addresses by 2011. Other than mail services, Canada Post also offers logistic and freight forwarding services.
Products and Services
The Corporation offers a number of products and services not only within Canada but also to different places all over the world. Below is a brief description of their products and services.
Includes sending items such as-:
- Parcels – The Corporation sends parcels within the country, to the United States as well as to international destinations. There are basically three options of sending the parcels. All these categories have different costs and different delivery times. For instance, Priority parcels and Xpressposts will take between one and two days to deliver while the Regular Parcel will take between two and nine days to get to destination. Depending on the category a customer chooses, they may be entitled to extra features such as tracking and delivery confirmation as well as $100 liability coverage.
- Letters and documents – the corporation also undertakes to deliver letters to Canadian, United States as well as International destinations. Each destination has a specific set of requirements for the letters and the postage fees will also vary depending on the destination.
The Corporation allows its users to receive parcels, bills and letters either at their homes or from the post offices. Under this category, the following services are offered-:
- Hold my mail services – this lets the post office to hold all your mails that might arrive when you are away on holiday or a vacation. You must however inform your post office about your absence during this period so that they do not deliver the mail to your mailbox.
- Magazine subscriptions – gives you the chance to subscribe to a variety of Canadian magazines and have them delivered to your mail box.
- Rent a postal Box services – this allows you to have a locked compartment within the post office where you will get all your mails that do not require your signature or too big to fit in the compartment. Only you and the post master will have access to such a box.
Online Shopping Services
Canada Post also have a comprehensive online shop where users can get items such as postage stamps, collecting stamps, gifts and coins, publication as well as mailing and shipping supplies.
How to track your shipment
Just like the other renowned shipping companies, Canada Post also has an effective tracking system that enables the customers to know about the status of their shipment in real time. It will require the user to have a tracking number which they will insert into the tracker in the website and all the relevant information relating to their shipment will be retrieved from the system.
Customer Service Numbers
The corporation has different methods which can be used to reach them. The following numbers are available in case of any enquiries by the customers-:
- 1-866-607-6301 – used within Canada alone
- 416-979-8822 – used outside Canada